(Sorry but we are unable to sell to the EU due to current EU tax laws. If you're buying from the EU, please visit our TpT Shop instead. Thank you.)
Please note you can buy in USD, GBP or CAD. Click CURRENCY in the menu above to choose.
This Shape Owl Craft is a great way to teach children about shapes and to consolidate learning at any time of the year.
The printable template comes in full colour and also black and white which children can colour in themselves. Children will love to cut and paste their own shape owl and their finished work will make a wonderful wall display for the classroom or home.
Simply cut out the pieces and glue them onto a sheet of paper using the clear numbered step by step guide. The step by step guide uses purely images, so children can easily see which shape to glue on next and don't need to be able to read any instructions.
When the children have finished their owl art they can count the number of each different shape and record their findings on the worksheet.
Each owl is made up of the following shapes:
- Rectangle - branch
- Oval - body
- Triangle - ears
- Circle - eyes
- Square - tummy
- Rhombus / Diamond - beak
- Hexagon - feet
- Semi Circle - wings
- Pentagon - leaves
- Star - star
- Octagon - moon / name label
PRINTABLE PACK CONTENTS:
- 1 page teacher overview with photograph of the finished pieces
- 1 page student numbered step by step instructions using images
- 1 page student shape recording worksheet
- 2 page colored template
- 2 page black/white template
The template comes in both US and UK spellings and paper sizes.
Additional Requirements: paper, coloring pens/pencils, scissors, glue.
This Owl Shape Craft is fun to use for:
- a shape study
- fine motor scissor skills
- following step by step instructions
- combining with an owl or nocturnal animal study unit
- decorating bulletin boards and classrooms
- a reward or extension activity
- a math station
- combining with an owl or nocturnal animal writing activity
You might also like: